The Sathyabama Innovation Council (SIC) and Open Weaver are proud to launch the Makeathon, a digital application development challenge on 29-31 January for the students.
The theme for this Makeathon is to develop Industry use cases for Generative AI. Makeathon 2024 aims to promote innovation, foster creativity, and encourage collaboration among students with a passion to build Generative AI Applications for Industry with no code and technology skills.
By the end of this Makeathon, as participants, you will launch a working digital product that you can share and showcase with your network.
Join the Live Kick-Off session and learn to build with Open Weaver Studio.
- DATE - January 29th, 2024
- TIME - 10:00 AM IST
- VENUE - Soundhrabai Auditorium, SCAS Block, Third Floor
To ensure a seamless experience, please follow the two easy steps below to sign up on Open Weaver Studio.
Step 1: Visit Open Weaver Studio.
Step 2: Fill in your email and password, and click on sign up. The studio workspace will open.
Click the below button to Sign up for Open Weaver Studio and start building your applications.
1. Community Training Resources: To help you get started with building your application on Open Weaver Studio, we have created a series of step-by-step tutorials. Learn, Practice & Get Ready!
a. Introduction & Orientation to Open Weaver Studio: This tutorial gives you a quick tour of all Studio modules. You will also learn to build, test (preview), and go live with your application.
b. Easily Create a Great Responsive UI: This tutorial guides you to build an application with a great User Interface. You will learn how to design a great UI effortlessly using section templates.
c. Build a Simple Database App: This tutorial guides you to build a simple application with multiple pages, navigation, form inputs and storing to the database. You will also learn how to use email services, iFrames and repeater blocks,. In addition, get familiar with using sections, configuring elements, setting up the database resource, and building test flows.
d. Build a Generative AI App: This tutorial guides you to build Generative AI applications using content generation and auto ML regression. You will learn how to add Generative AI resources, integrate it to your application, and show dynamic content in your page elements.
e. Preview & Deploy: Watch this 2 min tutorial to understand how you can preview your application, test it and then deploy it! Once deployed, you can share it with your network!
f. Ideas & Inspiration - Gen AI Application Development using Open Weaver Studio: Get ideas and inspiration for Generative AI use cases for Industry!
2. Open Weaver Studio User Guide: For in depth information on Open Weaver Studio and detailed documentation across each feature, refer to the User Guide by clicking on ‘HELP’.
This Makeathon is based on two broad themes i.e., Build an application showcasing any Original Digital Idea OR Create a Tech for Good solution.
- Art: Art portal using generative AI for users to co-create art and purchase prints.
- Content Creation: Cool social media content writing generative AI tool for Indian languages.
- Promote Businesses: Engaging landing page for a unique service.
- Empower Operations: Recruitment platform that generates cover letters using generative AI.
- Learning: Generative AI based Tutor app that translates content in local languages and summarizes for children with learning disabilities.
- Decarbonization: Hyper-local circular economy platform where users can share goods within the community.
- Mentoring: Mentorship and Community Events scheduling portal that connects local experts with the underprivileged.
- Welfare: Mobile Portal for volunteers to share needs and respond to tasks.
To complete, Deploy your product. You can update and deploy as many times as you want. Evaluation will be based on the latest version deployed before the cutoff time.
Click the “Start Your Submission” button below, when you are ready. Allow enough time for submission.
To complete your submission, you will need.
(a) Team name and email (make one submission only per team and the final submission received will be considered for evaluation).
(b) Title and a short description of your idea/ solution (Clearly articulate the innovation, value add, generative AI use).
(c) Provide a link to your deployed digital product (URL of application after a successful deploy. E.g., https://studio.openweaver.com/apps/username/appname/homepage
(d) Upload a recorded demo of your application. Add voice over, presentations to explain. You can upload a recorded video, presentation slides, pdf, images, YouTube link or Google Drive link to explain your idea.
(e) Share links, #hashtags of social media posts promoting your product. Feel free to share any number of links.
Your submission will be evaluated on:
|Originality and Innovativeness of the Idea
|Completeness and Robustness of the App
|Use of Generative AI
|User Experience of the App
|Embracing Digital Marketing
A panel from Sathyabama Innovation Council (SIC) and Open Weaver will score your entries.
Need help while building your application? Click on ‘HELP’ to access resources and videos on how you can use Open Weaver Studio and build your application.
If you need help, reach out to us on the Makeathon Support WhatsApp group HERE .
You may also reach out to the support team by clicking on ‘REPLY’ below and posting your query. The support team is available from 9 AM to 9 PM IST to respond to all your queries.